If you’re new to playing The Drugstore Game, these transactions should help you get started. If you don’t understand the transactions, read my Drugstore Game Primer, Common Sense with Money’s FAQ, and my explanation of How to Play The Drugstore Game at CVS.
You’ll find a list of this week’s CVS deals here. In these transactions, I assume that you do not have any ECBs to start with.
Crest 3D White Toothpaste – $2.99
– $0.75/1 Crest Toothpaste 4 oz+ from 5/2 P&G
Pay: $2.24 + tax
Receive: $2 ECB
2 Old Spice or Gillette Body Wash – $4 each
– B1G1 Old Spice Body Wash from 4/18 RP or 5/2 P&G OR B1G1 Gillette Body Wash from 5/2 P&G (may be regional)
– $2 ECB from previous transaction
Pay: $2 + tax
Receive: $8 ECB
2 Pantene Shampoo, Conditioner, or Styler – 2/$6.97
1 Olay or Olay Total Effects Body Wash or Plus Ribbons – $7
– 2 x $1/1 Pantene Hair Product from 5/2 P&G
– $1/1 Olay Body Product from 5/2
– $8 ECB from previous transaction
Pay: $2.97 + tax
Receive: $2 ECB for Pantene + $2 ECB for Olay
Note: Transaction #3 isn’t really a great deal, though it serves as an example of how to roll your ECBs. If you don’t need the items, I would recommend holding onto your $8 ECB for next week.