There won’t be a giveaway today because Google Docs was having trouble last night and I couldn’t create the entry form. Hopefully tomorrow …
Meanwhile, here’s what we had for dinner last night:
Bacon & Zucchini Frittata
3 medium zucchini
1/2 tablespoon salt
6 slices bacon, diced
6 egg whites
1 cup shredded cheddar (or other kind of) cheese, divided
1. Grate the zucchini and place in a colander set in a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and let drain in the refrigerator for at least an hour or overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat a 12-inch ovenproof skillet over medium high heat. Add the bacon and saute until browned, about ten minutes, stirring frequently. Drain the bacon, reserving two teaspoons of fat.
3. In the same pan, combine the grated zucchini and bacon fat and saute until the zucchini is lightly browned, about ten minutes, stirring frequently.
4. While the zucchini is browning, combine the eggs and egg whites in a bowl and beat well. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese.
5. When the zucchini is browned, return the bacon to the pan and pour the egg mixture over the zucchini and bacon. Stir well to distribute the zucchini and bacon, Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese on top.
6. Transfer the pan to the oven. Bake for ten to fifteen minutes, or until the eggs are set and edges are lightly browned. Serve with a green salad if desired.