Last fall, I wrote extensively about our dilemma of whether to send the boys to public or private school. After doing some research, I concluded that our local public school would be more than adequate. But then came California’s budget crisis and uncertainty about what that means for our local school. (I feel much like this local mom.)
Marc and I had just decided that we’d apply to one of the private schools I visited a few months ago and if Alex got in, we’d send him there. But his pediatrician has encouraged to go with our public school because there would be more opportunities available to him through LAUSD’s gifted program (which he thinks Alex would get into).
So now I’m torn again.
Fortunately, Alex won’t start kindergarten until 2010, so we have a year to see what changes are made at the public school. Hopefully they’ll be minimal!