I’m completely out of the carnival groove, but thought you might enjoy a list of sites I read daily, primarily through Google Reader. In no particular order, they are:
- Baby Cheapskate – Thanks to Angie, I almost never do math when it comes to diapers. If she says in her weekly report that a sale is a good one, I’ll try to pick some diapers up that week.
- Coupon Cravings – I appreciate the weekly CVS preview of the following week’s deals, and also the highlighted deals throughout the week.
- Common Sense with Money – Mercedes is truly the Walgreens deal queen. She’s also kind enough to leave comments here with a heads up on upcoming deals and coupons.
- A Year of CrockPotting – I love my slow cooker, so a daily slow cooker recipe is right up my alley. Although today’s recipe is for Shrinky Dinks rather than food. (!)
- Mommy Making Money – Gina posts a lot of money saving ideas, and is my special source for deals at Pavilions (part of the Safeway family). Thanks to her, I knew to send Marc out for Eggo waffles last week (the boys eat them in the car each morning). Gina is also kind enough to let me know when good deals are coming up at the drugstores.
- Money Saving Mom – MSM was my first source for drugstore deals, and although I don’t rely on it the way I used to, it’s still a good place to catch deals.
- Freebies 4 Mom – Heather’s tipped me off to some great free things over the last few months, including a free cookie today.
- Hooray for Freebates – I was never a fan of rebates, but until a few months ago, I didn’t know that you could actually make money off of them, or at least get things for free with them. And not just through Walgreens and Rite Aid, either. Lorelei keeps me updated on a wide variety of free-after-rebate items, and while I might not do the legwork for every one, I’m always interested to see what’s out there.
- I heart CVS, I heart Rite Aid, & I heart Wags – All authored by Erica, these blogs are helpful resources for drugstore deals.
- Cheap Healthy Good – Kris is hilarious, and her recipes are awesome.
- Just Hungry & Just Bento – Maki’s recipes for Japanese (or Japanese-influenced) food demystify some of my favorite things to eat. My absolute favorite is her salmon furikake recipe, which I’ve made more times than I can count.
- Smitten Kitchen – The pictures here are amazing, and so are the recipes.
- Lunch in a Box – This is where I get ideas and inspiration for packing the boys’ lunches.
- Like Merchant Ships – Meredith is so inspirational, and reading her blog is a true pleasure.
Of course, I subscribe to and read many more blogs. I desperately need to update my blogroll – I think only the financial sites section is remotely up to date – but it does include many of my favorite sites.