If you think you have the following item(s), click through to the CPSC press release for more details:
Munire Furniture Recalls Cribs Due to Fall Hazard – The recall includes the following models: Majestic Curved Top and Flat Top Cribs, Essex Cribs, Brighton/Sussex Cribs and Captiva Cribs. Click through for pictures of all recalled models.
Today, the CPSC also issued a press release on crib safety. They emphasize the following points:
- To reduce the risk of SIDS and suffocation, place baby to sleep on his or her back in a crib that meets current safety standards.
- To prevent suffocation never use a pillow as a mattress for baby to sleep on or to prop baby’s head or neck.
- Infants can strangle to death if their bodies pass through gaps generated between loose components, broken slats and other parts of the crib and their head and neck become entrapped in the space.
- Do not use old, broken or modified cribs.
- Regularly tighten hardware to keep sides firm.
- Infants can suffocate in spaces generated between the sides of the crib and an ill fitted mattress; never allow a gap larger than two fingers at any point between the sides of the crib and the mattress.
- Never place a crib near a window with blind or curtain cords; infants can strangle on curtain or blind cords.
- Properly set up play yards according to manufacturers’ directions. Only use the mattress provided with the play yard. Do not add extra mattresses, pillows or cushions to the play yard, which can cause a suffocation hazard for infants.
- Routinely check nursery products against CPSC recall lists and remove recalled products from your home.
- Sign-up for automatic e-mail recall notifications at www.cpsc.gov.