Since I’ve been back at work, I’ve noticed that there are small things I don’t do (or do less of) in order to save time, which saves me money as well:
- I refuse to spend time doing laundry on workday evenings unless I absolutely have to, so I’m only washing 2/3 the number of loads now.
- I shave my legs twice a week instead of three or four times.
- As I mentioned previously, I’m no longer washing my hair every day.
- I watch less TV (it saves on electricity, but not on cable, which we don’t pay).
- I don’t buy books anymore because I don’t have time to read.
- For the same reason, I only have two paid magazine subscriptions (Parents and Cooking Light).
- Finally, I shop a lot less because I simply don’t want to take the time to go to the mall. I keep asking myself, “Do I really need that?” and “Can I use something I already have?” I can’t count the number of times I’ve talked myself out of going to the store.