The huge recall of Sesame Street and Nickelodeon characters hasn’t even been forgotten, and Mattel has already issued its next recall, this time for some potential lead poisoning but mostly for a potential choking hazard in the form of magnets. This recall affects almost 10 million toys: 7.3 million Polly Pocket dolls and accessories, 1 million Doggie Day Care play sets, 683,000 Barbie and Tanner play sets, 253,000 Sarge trucks (from the Cars movie), and 345,000 Batman and One Piece action figures. I can’t believe it, but we actually don’t have any of these. Whew!
Mattel’s web site has pictures of all toys and instructions on what to do if you do own any of these items. You can see the official recalls on the CSPC site:
- Mattel Recalls Batman and One Piece Magnetic Action Figure Sets Due To Magnets Coming Loose
- Mattel Recalls “Sarge” Die Cast Toy Cars Due To Violation of Lead Safety Standard
- Mattel Recalls Barbie and Tanner™ Magnetic Toys Due to Magnets Coming Loose
- Mattel Recalls Doggie Day Care™ Magnetic Toys Due to Magnets Coming Loose
- Additional Reports of Magnets Detaching from Polly Pocket Play Sets Prompts Expanded Recall by Mattel