I have a list of food activities I want to do with my boys when they’re older and making ice cream is one of them. But I was thinking with the seldom-used ice cream maker we got as a wedding present, not shake-in-a-bag ice cream. I’m guessing it won’t taste as good, but it’ll make up for that with fun.
Ice Cream in a Bag
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup milk or half & half
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
6 tablespoons rock salt
1 pint-size zip-top plastic bag
1 gallon-size zip-top plastic bag
1. Fill the large bag half full of ice, and add the rock salt. Seal the bag.
2. Put milk, vanilla, and sugar into the small bag, and seal it.
3. Place the small bag inside the large one and seal again carefully.
4. Shake until mixture is ice cream, about 5 minutes.
5. Wipe off top of small bag, then open carefully and enjoy!
Tips and more ice cream recipes here.
Via Super Punch.