This is a super easy meal and you probably have the ingredients on hand at any given time.
No-Measure Pasta Bake
nonstick cooking spray
1 1-lb package ground beef or turkey
1 1-lb package dried rotini or other short pasta (try the whole wheat version from Trader Joe’s)
1 26-oz jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce (I like Newman’s Own Mushroom Marinara)
1 12-oz package shredded mozzarella
1 handful of freshly grated Parmesan (I always have a small tub from Trader Joe’s on hand)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and return to pot.
3. While pasta is cooking, cook ground beef in a medium skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until browned, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon or spatula. Drain the meat and add to the pasta.
4. Combine the pasta, meat, spaghetti sauce and mozzarella, stirring well. Pour the mixture into a 13×9 baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle Parmesan over the top.
5. Bake the pasta mixture for 30 to 40 minutes, until the pasta is hot and the Parmesan has melted and turned golden. Serve with a salad and garlic bread.