This yummy concoction makes an easy entree or side dish.
Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes
Serves 2 as an entree or 4 as a side dish
2 medium sweet potatoes
2 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled (optional)
8 oz. frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and squeezed dry
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar or jack cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
1. Use a fork to poke holes in each sweet potato. Microwave the sweet potatoes on high for 8 minutes, turning them over after 4 minutes.
2. Preheat your oven or toaster oven to 400 degrees or prepare your broiler. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. (Be careful because the potatoes will be extremely hot.)
3. Scoop out the potato halves, leaving a 1/4-inch thick border so you don’t pierce the skin.
4. In a bowl, mash the potatoes. Combine potatoes with bacon, broccoli, and cottage cheese.
5. Scoop the potato mixture into the shells. Top each shell with 1/4 cup shredded cheese.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or broil for 5 minutes, or until the cheese melts and browns on top. Top with chopped parsley and serve.