Crockpot BBQ Beef Sandwiches
nonstick cooking spray
3 1/2 lb. chuck or rump roast
1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce (12 to 16 oz.)
6 French demi-baguettes
1. Spray the inside of a 4 or 5-quart crock with nonstick cooking spray (it will make cleanup easier).
2. Place the roast into the crockpot (remove any butcher’s twine first) and pour the BBQ sauce over the top. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 8-10 hours.
3. When ready to eat, slice the baguettes length-wise, taking care not to cut all the way through (you’re making a pocket for the beef to sit in). Without tearing the crust, remove some of the bread to make room for the beef. Toast the baguettes lightly in a toaster oven.
4. Remove the roast from the crock and shred the beef, reserving the BBQ sauce.
5. Stuff the baguette pockets with beef, then pour some of the sauce from the crock onto the beef. Serve immediately so the sauce does not soak through the bread.