- Shop the perimeter of the store, where the fresh items are (like produce, dairy, seafood, meat, the deli and the bakery). Items in the center aisles tend to be processed, less healthy, and more expensive.
- Have a list and stick to it.
- Don’t go when you’re hungry.
- Check the weekly circular from your favorite supermarket and use manufacturer coupons on their loss leaders (items that are priced really low just to get customers in the door).
- Buy the store or generic brand, but be aware that when a name brand item is on sale and you have a coupon, it is often cheaper than the store or generic brand.
WHAT'S HOT RIGHT NOW:
Random Money-Saving Grocery Shopping Tips
September 24, 2005 by