1 container extra-firm tofu (14 oz.)
1 egg, lightly beaten or 1/2 cup Eggbeaters
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon peanut oil
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 teaspoons sugar
1. Drain the tofu and wrap it very tightly in a clean dishtowel. Put the tofu on a plate and refrigerate for 4 hours.
2. Cut the tofu into 6 slices.
3. Combine panko, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Preheat the sesame and peanut oils in a large frying pan over medium high heat.
4. Dip the tofu slices in the egg, then in the panko mixture.
5. Gently place the breaded tofu slices in the frying pan, and cook for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
6. While the tofu is cooking, combine the soy sauce, vinegar and sugar in a small bowl or measuring cup.
7. Drain the tofu on paper towels. Serve over a bed of greens and/or soba noodles with the sauce.