Steak Sandwich With Blue Cheese And Spinach
4 4-oz. rib-eye steaks
nonstick cooking spray
3 demi-baguette loaves
4 oz. blue cheese, crumled
1/2 cup mayonnaise
dash hot sauce
2 cups baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
1. Heat a nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and parchment paper.
2. Sprinkle the steaks with salt and pepper. Spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray and place the steaks inside. Sear on both sides, approximately 3 minutes per side.
3. Transfer the steaks to the prepared baking sheet and bake for another 5 minutes or until steak reaches desired doneness.* Remove steak from oven and let rest for 15 minutes.
4. In the meantime, combine the blue cheese, mayonnaise and hot sauce in a bowl and stir. Slice the baguettes lengthwise in half and toast.
5. Slice steak thinly against the grain on a slant. Divide and spread the blue cheese mixture on one-half of the baguettes. Layer with steak and spinach, then top with the remaining bread. Cut each baguette in half and serve immediately. (One serving is half a sandwich.)
*See the “Use Your Palm To Read Your Steaks” section in this link for help achieving your desired doneness.