- Put a plastic bag on the counter and throw your garbage in it as you’re cooking – peels, plastic wrap, seeds, empty containers, etc. Fold down the edges of the bag to avoid unwanted spills when you pick it up. I like to use plastic grocery bags – when I’m done, I tie the handles together and throw it into the big trash can in the corner.
- Microwave your sponge for one minute on high every day to kill germs and keep your sponge cleaner. Be sure to squeeze out as much water as possible before microwaving.
- If, like me, you hate mincing garlic because you can never seem to get it small enough, grate it with a microplane instead.
- Store Siplats (silicone baking sheets) on the inside of a paper towel tube.
- Use only half the amount of powdered dishwasher detergent that fits in the well and add a few drops of liquid dish soap to prevent spots.
WHAT'S HOT RIGHT NOW: